Desai Wool Throw - Natural
Designer: Dharma Door
- The Desai throw is crafted from wool of the local desert sheep ensuring rugged texture and warmth. T
- hese throws are akin to the shawls adorned by nomadic Rabari tribespeople riding their camels during crisp, nocturnal desert crossings.
- The epitome of slow, unhurried production, each throw has been carefully crafted by the hands of master weavers in the desert region of Kutch, India.
- True to the Khadi process, the sheep are hand-clipped; all fibres are handspun, handwoven to the width of the loom resulting in beautiful selvedge edges and the tassels on each piece are finished by hand.
- These throws represent exclusivity and luxury that only truly handmade products can offer.
- Khadi is one of the original processes of handspun and handwoven Indian textiles.
- Throughout India as with much of the world, synthetic and machine woven fabrics dominate and the art of handweaving is increasingly rare.
Dimensions: 180 x 100cm